SEOBara.com is all about sharing. I believe that the more knowledge and good practices are out there, the better the overall market environment is. This series of articles will share my thoughts, comments, and ideas on particular elements of a successful campaign aimed at driving more organic traffic from search engines.
I also believe that giving you a roadmap containing some of the main ideas I will be touching upon is a great way to convince you to visit this place more often. So without further ado, here’s my plan for the foreseeable future.
Lastly, I would like to reach out to all IT company owners, marketing managers, and SEOs working for IT to share their thoughts and ideas so that we can create the most comprehensible set of good practices.
Section 1. The basics of SEO
- What every IT company should know before starting SEO
- How to „git gud” at SEO?
- What is SEO in 2022?
- What are some common SEO myths and misconceptions concerning IT?
- What are the most common mistakes IT companies make when starting work on their SEO?
- How long does it take for SEO to take effect?
- The right mindset when it comes to SEO.
- Is it possible for an offshore company to be successful at SEO?
Section 2. How to tackle SEO
- Understanding the user is the most crucial element of growth.
- Creating the right client persona – and why you should start here.
- Identify the key touchpoints with your clients.
- Rock solid SEO foundations for any serious business.
Section 3. Working with SEO service providers
- How to find an SEO service provider – the ultimate guide.
- What questions should you ask an SEO provider during their pitch?
- Some dirty tricks agencies use to win over a new account.
- How to pinpoint a reliable SEO offer.
- Setting KPIs or OKRs? Which one might be better for you?
- Potential red flags when working on SEO with agencies/freelancers.
- How to read reports and what a good SEO report should look like.
Section 4. All about SEO tools
- Free tools everyone should know and use.
- Paid tools that can step up your SEO game.
- Additional tools are helpful if you are thinking seriously about SEO.
- My proven SEO toolset.
Section 5. The importance of brand in SEO for IT companies.
- Building a strong brand presence within search engine result pages
- Finding the right places for brand exposure
Section 6. Your website.
- How does the domain name influence SEO?
- How does your content management system affect your SEO?
- What impact can your server have on organic traffic?
- Are you using a CDN? Well, you should; here’s why.
- Core Web Vitals are serious; here’s how to make your website as user-friendly as possible.
- The need for speed in website optimization from an SEO perspective.
- Putting mobile-first, well, first.
- Structuring your website the right way.
- The dreaded Google Sandbox and how to get out of it.
Section 7. Content
- Understanding content and its role in growth.
- How to create content in a smart and organized way.
- The top 100 approach.
- Creating your content team or outsourcing it?
Section 8. Linkbuilding
- The do’s and dont’s of linkbuilding.
- How to approach linkbuilding?
- Linkbuilding for IT companies – some proven strategies.